Novel Idea: The End



     Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I have been extremely sick lately. I am better now and I am back with a new post. I asked you guys on Instagram what you wanted to see and most of you wanted to see an excerpt from a book I am writing. This book is called The End and i'm going to give you guys a sneak peak at the first chapter. If this is not something you want to see, I will post again fairly soon so don't worry! I hope you all enjoy!






Chapter One




Bethany run!”

I made a dead run for the house. There was no way anyone would be alive if I didn't. It was like my feet were moving on their own, as if they weren't even connected to my body but just carrying me with them. I was no longer just running for myself, but for everyone I cared about. There was no way I would let that demented man hurt them. I could feel something burn down my cheek, but I quickly wipe away trying to forget the events that had just went down.


My alarm clock blares. Great, another day I have to put up with my insane father. My mother died when I was 8 so my dad has been the only one to take care of me since then. He went a little insane when my mother died. He invents useless and outrageous items that he keeps locked up in his office, along with himself. I trudge down into the kitchen and grab an apple from the counter. On the side of the fruit bowl is a note from my dad saying he is on the brink of a great invention and he won't be out of his office for a while. By that he means I need you to bring me food to eat so I don't starve. Being the amazing daughter I am, I will. I take the box of cracker jacks from the cabinet and three bottles of water and walk over to his office.

The garage off to the side of our house was made into dads office when he found out he wanted to invent as a career. Yes you heard me right, he doesn't work, he sits in his office experimenting with different things and makes about $50 a week. That leaves it up to me to pay the bills. I work 3 jobs and still go to high school. It's not ideal but I still love him and I'll do what I can to make him happy. I open the door to his office and set the cracker jacks down and open a bottle of water and hand it to him. My dad is a very tall man, he has gray hair with jet black streaks, and he has dark square glasses with a glossy finish.

Shh!” he hissed

I didn't even say anything!” I snap back

Honey I love you, I really do, but I need absolute silence.” He was mixing two different liquids together that both looked like they were not supposed to be in the hand of a crazy man.

I darted out of there before he could blow me up or spill acid somehow. I dug my phone out of my purse and called Sarah. Sarah is my best friend and the only one who puts up with me and my strange father.

What's up?” Sarah answered

Are we not going to the mall today?” I ask

Oh yeah I totally forgot. My mom is making me watch Darcy, I'm sorry I was going to call you.”

It's fine I just didn't want to stay here with the maniac by myself.” I laugh

My mom will be back at 12, I can come over then.” Sarah suggests

That sounds good. See you then.”

See you. Bye.”


I have to hang with my dad until 12:00. Awesome! I slowly walk back over to his office and sit down in a chair beside my dad.

I thought you were going to the mall with Sarah today.” He says still engrossed in his experiment

She had to watch her little sister today. She's coming over later though.” I yank out my phone to keep me occupied for a while. About an hour later my dad jumps up and shouts.

What is it?!” I'm terrified that he's spilled something all over him.

I did it! I recreated the pill!”

Dad, what are you talking about?”

Dr. Harrison created a pill long ago that would let someone control another persons entire actions. Harrison had died not long after your mother and no one could find the log entry where he wrote down how to make the pill. His lab was searched, but no one found any trace that the pill had even been there.”

How do you know that's the pill without anything to go by.” My legs are like vibrating pillars. He pulls out another pill that looks almost exactly like the one in his other hand.

I went back to his office and found a secret door where this one in a black case. I took samples from the pill and I was able to figure out what the pill was made of.”

How do you know that it works?” Even my voice is shaky at this point. My dad walks over to his desk and smashes the pill until its nothing but blue dust. He proceeds to pull out a mouse out of a glass cage in the corner of the room. At this point my face is on fire, even though the rest of my body is frozen in place. Once he has fed the whole pill to the mouse, he tells the mouse to look left. At first it doesn't work, but then the mouse does as it's told and looks left. My dad tells it to do all sorts of commands and it does exactly what my dad has told him to do.

My first thought is that it's just a big coincidence, Or that I'm just dreaming and I'll wake up any minute now. There is no way my father is capable of this. He is just a crazy old man who invents crazy gadgets in his garage. Not pills that can control things. Could it control humans? I didn't want to stay and find out. I needed to get out of there, quick. My head was telling my feet to go but they didn't do anything. My hands went numb and my head felt like it was spinning around in circles. The next thing I knew my dad was walking right toward me. He was crazy! He was going to kill me! Oh my god!Bethany, leave! Run!

He was right beside me and there was no way I could get out in time. He put his arms up and I was ready to fight him. Surprisingly, he bent down and hugged me.

Oh Beth! I could make so much money from this! You won't ever have to worry about money ever again!” He was in tears. I was still in shock. When my mind finally snapped back to reality he was letting go and wiping the tears from his eyes. “Beth, I know I haven't been the best father, but I promise that all of that will change when I get these on the market.” He held up one of the pills and then darted back over to his desk, once again oblivious to his surroundings. How could I have been so stupid! I actually thought my father would hurt me! I have been indoors too long.

I walk out of his office and back to the front of the house. Sarah is in the driveway in her banged up mini-van that her mom gave her. I give a quick wave and then hop in the car. Maybe an afternoon with Sarah will help me feel normal again. Little did I know, this was the last normal day of my life.




     I hope you all enjoyed reading the first chapter! If you want to hear more on what happens, leave a comment down below! Make sure you are following my Instagram @dusted_with_glitter  for updates about posts! Love you guys <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Must Read Blogs

Novel Idea: The Death Disease

Things To Do In The Winter