Anxiety and How To Deal With It




     I have been dealing with anxiety for quite a while now. I know that many of you have also been dealing with struggles in your life, like anxiety. It's something that can greatly impact our lives and the way we live them. For example, today my art club went on a tour of a nearby college campus. We were eating in the food court and my friends were extremely loud and very obnoxious. Everyone was starring at us and giving us dirty looks. That's when my anxiety kicked in. I ran into the bathroom to try and calm myself down. Over the years, I have learned a couple of things that help calm me down when my anxiety takes over. 


Breathe - You always have to keep your breathing slow and steady. I always shut my eyes and take a deep breath in and slowly let it out. I actually find this to be extremely hard when I'm having an anxiety attack, but doing it will help so much. You are in a state where your mind is racing, breathing helps to slow down your heart rate which helps to calm your mind. As you breathe, listen to your heart beat. It soothes your mind and helps a whole lot when in this situation.

Think of literally anything else - Whatever has triggered your panic attack does not need to be on your mind to make your problem even worse. Think of how cute your dog was this morning. Think of how much fun you'll have this weekend. Think of anything that will take your mind off of your current situation. 

Remind yourself that you are safe and that you are not alone - When my anxiety flares up, I think or whisper "It's okay," or "You're alright," under my breath because that always calms me down. I also know other people that like having a close friend or family member hold them. Everyone has different ways that calm them down, you just have to find what works best for you. 


     Everyone has there way to deal with anxiety. If these aren't thing that you do, that's alright. Let me know down in the comments what your best tips are for dealing with anxiety. I really do hope this post helped a few of you out and that you try some of these things to help with your anxiety. I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great day! <3

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Must Read Blogs

Novel Idea: The Death Disease

Things To Do In The Winter