The Death Disease: Chapter 1


     Hey guys! I'm going to keep the beginning of the post moderately short because ,let's be honest, no one likes intros! If you follow me on Instagram (@dusted_with_glitter) you already know that I'm working on a story called The Death Disease. I released a snip it a while back and the feedback was absolutely incredible! I'm so glad that you guys are as passionate about this novel as I am. I also asked if you wanted me to start releasing chapters on the blog and the majority of you guys were really excited to read more! So, here is the first chapter of The Death Disease! Enjoy! ;) 

____________________________________________________________________



Chapter 1



I lay my head down on the metal train railing. A tear streaked down my cheek as a realized my whole world was crumbling right in front of my eyes and I couldn’t do anything about it.

“Hey,” I heard a familiar voice say “we are going to be fine Mia, I promise.”

“Evan,” Evan has lived next to me for as long as I can remember. He is the closest thing to a brother that I have. Evan is a tall, pale, muscular guy with spike up brown hair.  “I will probably never see my mother again.” I felt a tear fall from my eyes. I turn away from my friend and stared at the window, hoping that my last statement wasn’t true. Evan scooted next to me and put an arm around my shoulder. I quickly sank down in his grasp and closed my eyes. I kept replaying what my mother said to me before I got on the train.

“You can help so many people Mia!” Tears treading down her face. “They need you. Make me proud, darling.” She hugged as tight as she could. I was bawling. I didn’t care how many people needed me, I needed my mother. Her grip loosened and she was pushing me onto the train. I turned around to run back in her arms when Evan grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest. I felt his arms snake around my waist as I watched the doors slide shut.


After the last war, we lost everything. There was barely anything left of our world.  New weapons destroyed the land until all that was left was ash and rubble. We still weren’t allowed into areas to this day because the chemicals still lingered. Almost every large city was destroyed. If that didn’t thin the population enough, The Death Disease would would. The Death Disease liquifies the organs of its victims, leaving them dead in a matter of hours. Evan and I were being shipped to the only city left standing to help research and find a cure for the disease. Adults seemed to catch it faster than children, so the head of the FTC plucked teens from around the world to come to their research center.

I woke up to light shining in my eyes. I untangled myself from Evans grasp and crawled over to a window where several other kids around my age stood, their mouths scraping the floor at the view.


“Mia, what is it?” I couldn’t answer. I was in awe of what I saw out the window of the train. The city was even more beautiful than I ever imagined. The tall silver buildings glistened in the light of the sun. There were giant billboards that moved like TVs. There was one strange looking building in the center of the city. The building seemed to curve up with a light blue stained glass to a point near the top. The most peculiar thing about the silver city was the glass dome that encased the buildings from the outside world. The train slipped through a small opening in the glass and continued to drag us further into the heart of the strange city.

____________________________________________________________________


YAY! I really hope that you guys enjoyed reading! I know that it was a little short, but I am still in the writing process so this cal always change. I'm so excited to continue this novel and hear all of your feedback! Please make sure to leave a comment below this post with any improvements or just your thoughts on how it's going so far! Also make sure you are following me on Instagram @dusted_with_glitter for more updates! I hope you all have an amazing rest of the week! Love you guys! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Must Read Blogs

Novel Idea: The Death Disease

Things To Do In The Winter